Kinetics Database Logo     Home
©NIST, 2023
Accessibility information
Kinetics Database Resources

Simple Reaction Search

Search Reaction Database

Search Bibliographic Database

Set Unit Preferences

Contact Us to Submit an Article



Other Databases

NIST Standard Reference Data Program

NIST Chemistry Web Book

NDRL-NIST Solution Kinetics Database

NIST Computational Chemistry Comparison and Benchmark Database

The NIST Reference on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty


Administrative Links

DOC home page

NIST home page

MML home page

Chemical Sciences Division

Applied Chemicals and Materials Division

Author(s):   Leather, K.E.; McGillen, M.R.; Ghalaieny, M.; Shallcross, D.E.; Percival, C.J.
Title:   Temperature-Dependent Kinetics for the Ozonolysis of Selected Chlorinated Alkenes in the Gas Phase
Journal:   Int. J. Chem. Kinet.
Volume:   43
Page(s):   120 - 129
Year:   2011
Reference type:   Journal article
Squib:   2011LEA/MCG120-129

Reaction:   C2HCl3 + O3 → Products
Reaction order:   2
Temperature:   334 - 388 K
Pressure:  1.01 bar
Rate expression:   1.6x10-10 [cm3/molecule s] e-65200 [±2800 J/mole]/RT
Category:  Experiment
Data type:   Absolute value measured directly
Pressure dependence:   None reported
Experimental procedure:   Static or low flow - Data taken vs time
Excitation technique:   Discharge
Time resolution:   In real time
Analytical technique:   Vis-UV absorption
Comments:   The errors quoted for Arrhenius parameters are the statistical errors, at the 1σ level, derived from the linear least-squares fit of the Arrhenius plot. The experimental systematic errors result from the error in pressure measurement (1%), flow measurement (1%), and temperature (0.5%), producing an overall error of 1.5%. The uncertainty in the preexponential factor is expressed as follows: A = (1.6 (+2.5/-1.0))x10-10 cm3 molecule-1 s-1.

View full bibliographic record.

Rate constant values calculated from the Arrhenius expression:

T (K)k(T) [cm3/molecule s]
334 1.02E-20
350 2.98E-20
375 1.33E-19
388 2.67E-19